Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Catch Up

I had been meaning to write this since my last post (which I can't believe was a week ago) but life has as normal got in the way.  I can see it doing that more often when I return to work for a third day each week at the start of May.

So here is what I have been making recently

Two more passport covers one is in use by me and the other is destined for a birthday present (but not entirely sure who to send it to yet)

I have also made four curtains for R work but have not yet had a chance to see them in action so no photos.  I thought about it but they just looked like a pile of black fabric so through no point.  I still have two more to do but my darling sewing machine has thrown a fit (probably because it didn't get a trip to NZ) and won't sew properly.  I am working on it.

In the meantime I have been baking


Apple Flan - not as good as it looks so that recipe has been consigned to the bin

Anzac Cookies - these are divine.  I swapped out some of the butter in them for Coconut oil which is much better for us and I have to say that it really worked.  If anyone wants the recipe leave a comment and I will try to track down where I got it from.

Lastly I made some deodorant.  "WHAT?" I hear you shout, not exactly my thing but I figured why not while we are watching the pennies why not try to make the stuff I usually buy (I might try soap next).  No photos of this as it is not very photogenic, and it has gone completly solid and I am using a chisel to get it out each morning.  I really like it though.  I got the recipe from here and I can say that I have had no problems with white marks on my black clothes, no smell (although it doesn't stop you sweating) and I have even used it immediatly after shaving (not something I usually do with commercial products).

So I have been doing things just not sat at my sewing machine.  I will remedy that shortly.  Jot is currently asleep and I am going to trace out some patterns now so I can get sewing once I have fixed my machine.

Have a good week
Jots Mum

1 comment:

Jo @ Chubby*Hobby said...

Thanks for making the passport covers~~ Your one looks sooooooo nice with the patchwork!!! ^0^

I feel so the same as you, so many things i wanna post about and not enough time!!><