Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Being Crafty

I sat down to write this and couldn't remember how long ago I last posted (how sad is that) especially as it has only been 5 days!!

This week has been fairly insane due to our bi annual work breakfast for 250 clients which was held yesterday.  Lots of work got done and the event went off without a hitch which is fairly rare for one of these breakfasts.

However, I have also been fairly crafty this week.

On Monday night I finished this little guy (I bought the kit and stitches and craft from Claire at Craft Schmaft).  I found him really easy and there is enough of everything in the kit to make a second one  - but I need a new sock.

Then last night after Jot retired to bed (a very exhausted little girl) I made soap.  Yes you did read that right I made soap.  After making my deodorant last month (which I still have tons of by the way and am still loving it and using it every day) I decided that soap couldn't be that hard and I would like to give it a go.  So I did and it isn't hard and is slightly addicitive.  The girls at work can't decide if I am a) impressive or b) nuts - time will tell.

I didn't grease the ice cube tray well enough and I can't get them out so I am hoping that a few more days drying will make it easier.  If not I think they will go in the bin and I will not use the tray for soap again.

Now my next thing on my list is a MIP Versatile skirt for me (actually I want to make two) ideally by next weekend as we are off to the Mornington Penninsula for a weekend with a group of friends for a 40th birthday (or is that two 40ths - I can't remember now).  The first will be made in a green cord and yesterday I went and bought this for the second.  It is by Donna Wilder for Fabric Traditions and I found it in SPotlight and can't find it anywhere online to link to so you have to make do with the photo below.
The main panel of the skirt is going to be the blue and the ties will be in red.

Ok if I am going to get the pattern cut out tonight I need to get going.

Have a good weekend.

Jots Mum

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Claires kits are just great ! Your owl looks super sweet