Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pregnancy Sucks

Why oh why am I not one of the lucky ones who falls pregnant and breezes through the next nine months glowing?

A colleague recently told me ‘it was your choice – stop complaining’.

How does it follow that just because I chose to have a child I automatically have to suffer in silence if my pregnancy is not what I expected it to be.

Yes I chose to have a baby. I did not choose to have morning sickness for 20+ weeks, back pain, insomnia and insulin dependant gestational diabetes.

Why can’t I let off steam when it all gets too much for me to deal with, when the end still seems so far off and the reward still seems so unreal.

So here I am letting off a little bit of pregnancy steam.

THIS PREGNANCY SUCKS!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

:(

Maybe it's like in theatre when they say that if the dress rehersal sucks the opening night will be great - hopefully a crappy pregnancy will lead to a happy baby... i don't know, i'm just trying to think of a silver lining!

Kirsty said...

I can not believe the things people think are okay to say to you when you are pregnant. Is this the first time you have GD, I was on insulin during my pregnancy with Lachie so if you want someone to talk to just drop me an email. It sucks especially when they tell you as soon as the baby is born your levels come back up and mine took two weeks after the birth