Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 9 - All caught up

I love weekends as it gives me a chance to catch up from the week and in this case catch up on my Blogtoberfest posts.

I have decided that I hate smoke alarms.  Yes they are a valuable piece of life saving equipment BUT seriously when they run out of battery does it have to be the middle of the night when you don't have another battery in the house.

Since 5:25am this morning the smoke alarm in the bedroom of the 'special' house has been beeping every 24 seconds - yes I counted it.  It has been driving me nuts but funnily enough both R and Jot slept through it.  In fact R is still sleeping through it (or at least hasn't got up in a huff to stop it).  Jot woke at her usual time and then came into bed with me for 10 minutes so I could put my hand over her ears to stop the 'bell'.  She was scared to leave the bedroom, didn't realise that the bell was in the bedroom.

So high on our shopping list this morning is a battery for a smoke alarm.  Not sure how we are going to replace it though as it is right over our bed and the ceiling is too tall for either of us to reach just standing on the bed. 

No comments: