Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

{ELEVEN} Blogtoberfest

post signatureThere has been plenty of sewing done this week.  Not quite everyday as the kids have been a wee bit difficult but I got probably 6 hours in total so far.

My Dolls Quilt Swap (DQS) quilt has stalled as the design I choose just isn't working.  I might tweak it a bit and start again with a different background which I think might be the problem.  Anyway I put it aside to think about and got out a couple of other items from my To Do list to finish up.

Firstly I did two aprons for 4th birthday presents (they are exactly the same).  I ran out of the fabric to make matching hats so I will doing a quick trip to Kmart tomorrow for kid sized kitchen utensils to add to the present.


I also finished off the first of 4 Santa Sacks.  I just love this fabric it is so happy.  There reverse of the bag has Jots name appliquéd on.  The other three are waiting for colour coordinating threads which I think I will be off to spotlight for tomorrow.


Finally I finished a quilt top for Baby Boy B who is due in January.  Now I just need to sort my machine out so I can quilt it myself.


I am hoping to get more time to sew this week too so you may get another post of completed items later over the weekend.

Now I am off to collect Jot from childcare.

No comments: