Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

{THIRTY}

Didn't get any chance to sew today but have succeeded in completing R Halloween costume.  It took 4 hours yesterday and to be honest I thought it was going to drive me nuts.  There were a couple of occasions I would have been happy to chuck the thing in the bin.  I think I will have to wait a while before I attempt it again like maybe a decade or so :)  No photos yet but I will hopefully get one at some point to show you.

I also sandwiched and attempted to quilt my DQS yesterday only to find that my little machine is obviously in need of some love and attention.  The  tension has gone a bit iffy and it seems to be skipping stiches when I try to quilt something.  It happened last time I attempted to quilt as well but I had forgotten about it.  So tomorrow I am going to nip into GJs in Brunswick and pick up some thread to hand quilt it with.  Another new thing for me so a bit of a learning curve.

I did manage to cut out the hat for Jots childcare worker who is leaving on Friday but it is still in pieces.  I will finish that tomorrow when CT sleeps so I can focus on the DQS for the rest of the week.  It is a Nicole Mallalieu pattern and I am loving the detailed instructions.  I also have her A-Line skirt pattern waiting for me to get round to soon.  I am going to have to dedicate a month to me sewing i think just to get on top of all the things I want to make for me.

Today though I have been working on working again.  Lots of big ideas but I am not ready to share any of them yet.  Hopefully soon I will stop procrastinating.

In the meantime I am going to go join R on the sofa and watch Rock of Ages on DVD.  Night all

No comments: