Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

My first quilt for the year

I am so proud of myself to have started and finished a quilt less than half way through January.  Ok so it is only about 21in square but still it is complete.  I am so going to add and keep updated a tally on the blog as I think this could be a great year.

This little beauty is made from random pink strips that I was given recently and hand quilted with flowers.  The backing is the last of my Sunkissed by Sweetwater.  The binding is also random from my stash and it was attached by machine - I am starting to really get the hang of machine binding (now to get the hang of machine quilting)

It was gifted today to a friend of CT on her first birthday.  She wasn't fussed but it went down very well with her mum.





Excuse the photos it was late when I took them.

Hope you have had a good weekend.  I have a post planned for tomorrow with another finish (I know its crazy) but right now I have to crack on and write a business plan.


No comments: